Open Native and Universal Native Modules
Join us in conversation with Jamie Birch to discover how Open Native enables the use of native modules across multiple ecosystems.
In this episode, we dive deep into the practicalities of using native modules across different ecosystems with Open Native. Our guest, Jamie Birch (@LinguaBrowse), the creator of React NativeScript, explains the pressing problems in this area and how Open Native aims to solve them.
Throughout this discussion, we cover:
- the current challenges with cross-platform development and native modules
- the inception of Open Native and the problems it aims to address
- the practical steps taken within the React Native ecosystem and NativeScript community toward the implementation of Open Native
- what Open Native is, what its functionalities are, and how it impacts developers working across different platforms
- the potential of Open Native and how it can further improve the landscape of cross-platform development
This episode is a comprehensive resource for software developers interested in understanding the role of Open Native and native modules in cross-ecosystem compatibility. If you’re looking to explore the potential of a common format for native modules and the feasibility of sharing work across different ecosystems, you’ve come to the right place.
We build, maintain and contribute to the most popular Open Source libraries, events and resources in the React and React Native eco-system.