The Ultimate Guide to React Native Optimization
By pressing the “Download” button, you give us consent to use your email address to send you a copy of the Ultimate Guide to React Native Optimization.
What is waiting for you inside?
20 chapters filled with the most relevant tips, tricks, tactics, and unique expertise that will help you tackle performance issues of your React Native app.
What will you learn from the Guide?
You will learn the best practices for optimizing Stability, Performance, Resource usage, User experience, Maintenance costs, Time-to-market, and much more!
What topics are covered?
- Improve performance by understanding React Native implementation details
- Improve performance by using the latest React Native features
- How to ship quicker with a stable environment
This guide contains best practices for optimizing:
How this Guide is organized
Optimizing the React Native app is a complex process where you need to take various aspects into account – from implementation through using the latest React Native features to testing and continuous deployment. This guide is a comprehensive source of tactics, tricks, tips, tools, and best practices to help you deliver an optimized React Native app. We not only focus on the technological aspects of React Native optimization. We also underline the impact of each technological aspect on business continuity.
This guide is divided into three parts:
The first part
The first part is about improving performance through understanding the React Native implementation details and knowing how to maximize them. This part covers the following topics:
- Pay attention to UI re-renders
- Use dedicated components for certain layouts
- Think twice before you pick an external library
- Always remember to use libraries dedicated to the mobile platform
- Animate at 60FPS - no matter what
- Replace Lottie with Rive
The second part
The second part is about improving performance by using the latest React Native features or turning some of them on. This part describes the following topics:
- Always run the latest React Native version to access the latest features
- How to debug faster and better with Flipper
- Avoid unused native dependencies
- Optimize your Android application startup time with Hermes
- Optimize your Android application’s size with Gradle setting
- Experiment with the New Architecture of React Native
The third part
The third part is about enhancing the stability of the application by investing in testing and continuous deployment. This part tackles the following topics:
- Run tests for key pieces of your app
- Have a working Continuous Integration (CI) in place
- Don’t be afraid to ship fast with Continuous Deployment
- Ship OTA (Over-the-Air) in an emergency
- Know how to profile iOS
- Know how to profile Android
The structure of each section looks like this:
The first part describes the main problem with React Native performance.
The second part outlines how that problem may affect your business and what the best practices are to solve it.
The third part focuses on the business benefits of our proposed solution.