The Ultimate Guide to React Native Optimization (2024 edition)
By pressing the “Download” button, you give us consent to use your email address to send you a copy of the Ultimate Guide to React Native Optimization.
What is waiting for you inside?
23 chapters filled with the most relevant tips, tricks, and tactics to teach you how to tackle performance issues better and shift focus from tech debt reduction to leading innovation.
Is it right for you?
Perfect if your team needs to
- Boost React Native app performance
- Fix slowdowns post multiplatform migration
- Cut tech debt and pivot to feature development
- Upskill in React Native optimization swiftly
- Access expert React Native advice in one place
"This is the book and the people that encapsulates a lot of the work we drove at PlayStation to make React Native able to achieve the 1.0 goal of 200ms app Time To Interactive and 600ms Time To Fresh Data on PS5. I was so pleased we got the uplift into the product and put into open source. I really can’t recommend Callstack enough for this kind of hard-core, magical, disruptive technical execution."
Matt Hargett, Founder @ Rebecker Specialties Inc
What topics does it cover?
- Improving performance by understanding React Native implementation details
- Using the newest React Native features to realize framework’s potential for impeccable performance
- How to ship quicker with a stable development environment
The ebook addresses the 2024 development and business challenges. The new sections discuss React Native Skia, state management, React Forget, new debugging experience, and prewarm for iOS.
This guide contains best practices for optimizing:
What will the guide teach you?
The Ultimate Guide to Performance Optimization gathers relevant, up-to-date optimization strategies and tools in one place, allowing you to rise up to performance challenges with ease. Authored by Core Contributors and experts, it elaborates on tech solutions, highlighting their impact on business continuity.
This guide is divided into three parts
Mastering React Native implementation
Improving performance through understanding the React Native implementation details and knowing how to maximize them.
- Pay attention to UI re-renders
- Use dedicated components for certain layouts
- Think twice before you pick an external library
- Always remember to use libraries dedicated to the mobile platform
- Animate at 60FPS - no matter what
- Replace Lottie with Rive
Using the latest React Native features
Improving performance by using the latest React Native features or turning some of them on.
- Always run the latest React Native version to access the latest features
- How to debug faster and better with Flipper
- Avoid unused native dependencies
- Optimize your Android application startup time with Hermes
- Optimize your Android application’s size with Gradle setting
- Experiment with the New Architecture of React Native
Shipping fast and with confidence
Enhancing the stability of the application by investing in testing and continuous deployment.
- Run tests for key pieces of your app
- Have a working Continuous Integration (CI) in place
- Don’t be afraid to ship fast with Continuous Deployment
- Ship OTA (Over-the-Air) in an emergency
- Know how to profile iOS
- Know how to profile Android
Each section has the following structure
Describes the main problem with React Native performance.
Outlines how that issue may affect your business and what the best practices are to solve it.
Focuses on the business benefits of our proposed solution.